Sunday, May 23, 2010
I have to say, along with Six Feet Under this has been the best series finale, ever. I am not disappointed. Even though I was disappointed in this season and I had so many questions, some of which will not get answered, I did learn to accept that. And the show still left it up to interpretation. When did they all die- upon the crash? It looked like that from the final scene, however, Christian said some died at different times.. Did Sawyer, for example, survive the crash & meet Juliette on the island? Juliette said they would meet for coffee one day.. she knew they would see each other again. Brutha always said to Jack, see you in another life. Did they die when their eyes opened in the flashbacks? Maybe they all did die on the plane and these lives were just a flash occurrence of their lives.
Or, if everyone died at different times, some before Jack, some years after Jack, this was just their reunion in the afterlife. They all looked like how they did in 2004-2007 because that is how Jack remembered them. Sawyer, Kate, Claire, and the others on the plane DID really leave the island and presumably lead long lives…Hurley and Ben stayed on the island for presumably many, many years.
The sideways life was all along a heaven (flash heaven!) they all had to redeem themselves and when the time was right, they made it to heaven. Ben wasn't dead yet he still had to redeem himself, work things out and maybe find some of the people that meant something to him. (Alex).
Desmond was the angel Gabriel. I had a feeling Hurley might become the candidate, because he was always the one that was good. He brought them all together. And Eloise asked if Desmond was taking Daniel and he said not yet. So Desmond only communicated with the dead people in the sideways.
The Lost Series Finale takes place today on Pentecost Sunday (Pentecost commemorates the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the disciples of Christ, also described as the Birth of the Church). Jack was always considered to be the Chris like figure in the series. Sheppard- leader of the flock.
Sawyer said to Jack that he was coming down the mountain top w/ a burning bush refers to Moses who led his people out of Egypt to the promise land after years of Egyptian slavery.
I was glad Rose & Bernard are living their lives in peace with Vincent. That got wrapped up!
I noticed Miles had gray hair right away and wondered why.. it was to tie in Richard's mortality. Where was Richard... does he die? or had he died long ago so wasn't part of this group? Eventually those who left the Island did die in their lives, but in the afterlife no one could move on until they found the people that had the greatest impact on their lives.
Glad we had a Drive Shaft reunion.. but we didn't get to hear "You All Everybody!" Although they are playing it on Kimmel!
I liked the end room with all the symbols, the ying yang, the cross, the arabic symbol, the jewish star, the captain wheel & the chinese symbol. Representation of all the people, mainly the candidates.
sorry i know this may be all over the place.. i need the night to think about it.. and do another marathon. I'll probably comment on my blog again throughout the week.
Well, it's been a fun run and one of the best- if not THE best shows in TV history. I'm so sad it's over.. thanks to all my readers for the support..
Signing off of Schlost.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
I already knew it was going to be a good episode when I heard the SWEET SWEET sound of Pierre Chang/Dr Marvin Candle/Mr Haliwax's voice. And then they had me at Hugo's love of chicken. His one restaurant was named Outback Roasters.
And we finally got an answer!! The whispers are the people that can't make it off the island. Sort of like a purgatory but I still think if you die & ask or seek forgiveness, you can make it off. I guess Mr. Eko is one of the whispers.. ah, Mr. Eko how I miss you so.
Hurley is at the opening for the Paleontolgy center. Paleontology is the study of the science of the life of past geologic periods based on fossil remains. Knowledge of the existence of fossils dates back at least to the ancient Greeks, who appear to have regarded them as the remains of various mythological creatures. Although paleontology deals with early forms of life, it is usually treated as a part of geology rather than of biology, as the environment of the animals and plants cannot be properly understood and reconstructed without knowledge of the age, structure, and composition of the rocks in which their remains are found.
The book Hurley picked up looked Greek and the little bag probably contained the black & white rocks.
Notice how everyone is dressed in blue/purple colors. Hurley's shirt was red, it's now burgundy. Desmond was in red. Usually the red people die.
Glad Ilana is dead. She was just as annoying as mAna Lucia. Glad the unstable dynamite got her, well I guess the Island was done with her. Also she was in a hospital for severe burns.
Desmond's order was #42, a number, also the amount of spaces in Connect Four.
Sayid is the man in black. literally.
Dead people are more reliable than live people.
The mental institute. There was a point made in a previous episode about how shoddy it looked. Hurley mentions this again and that's why he donates. But it didn't look shoddy now and this had to be referenced as we need to know Hurley had never been there before. There was a pic of an island in Dr. Brook's office, and a drawing of an island on the chalkboard. There was also the letter Y in the back of Hurley.
Y: The Last Man is a comic book series by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra, about the only man to survive the apparent simultaneous death (from a plague) of every male mammal (barring the same man's pet monkey) on Earth. Brian K Vaughan also published for Dark Horse Comics. You should read more on Wiki about this because it's nuts: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y_the_last_man
Thanks bobbiestar for the reference!
I think the boy was Whidmore as a young Whidmore, not Aaron. Flocke says pay no attention to him, and he hates him but in the ALT universe is Desmond working for Whidmore and seeks revenge on Locke by trying to kill him for whatever happened in the other life (Locke pushing Des down the well). Is Desmond the new Jacob in the ALT world- touching everyone? He IS the constant.
The connect four reference. Are all the people in the sideways connected by four? I'm trying to figure this out.. this is who I have so far in the sideways.. not all 4s, though.
Locke- Jack- Hurley-Ben-Rose
Kate-Claire- Ethan- Sawyer- Aaron
Ben-Arntz- Locke- Alex
Locke did look like when he fell out of the building. And his path will come in counter with Jack who will fix him (and he'll probably learn how to walk). Jack always needs to fix things!
They keep mentioning the bizarro alternate universe, so it appears that Lost/the island is a reflection on a path of life events that may happen if certain instances occur. So had 815 crashed, we'd wind up with characters of past events/flash forwards and had it not, we'd wind up with a rich chicken-lovin Hurley, a mental Libby, a good Sawyer, a bad Kate, a bad Sayid, a bad Jin, a good/teacher Locke. But they had to have some event happen to course-correct & redeem their lives. Michael killed so he never made it off the island like some others.. but some WILL make it off, even if they are dead (Locke, Boone). Also Hurley said you aren't supposed to let it go (Jack wanted to), so maybe you have to keep all these instances as "what ifs" to keep a good life even if you don't know what they are. There's also the Bad Twin theory (remember the manuscript of the guy that got sucked into the plane). That we all have a good & bad side. I don't know.. still trying to figure it out.
I FREAKED out when I heard the Willy Wonka song in the promo for next week. I don't think it was Gene Wilder either but BEN singing! It was the song played as they entered the tunnel of illusion. A tunnel that played off of peoples fears, confronting them with unbelievable sights...But in the end, the tunnel of illusion was just that...an illusion... and then it was all over. For those that don't watch Willy Wonka as much as I do, check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zail7Gdqro
I miss Ben. Still.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
And a few other observations:
I do think Jin understood English in the sideways life but pretended he didn't just as Sun originally had when they got to the Island.
I thought it was interesting Patchy/Mikhal was shot in the eye.
Desmond is the constant.
Flocke said "What ever happened, happened" which is also the name of an episode. http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Whatever_Happened%2C_Happened
Sun said no one was watching them but we know Jacob was.
Jin was brought into Room 23 the brainwashing room. (Your Life- Everything Changes).
Whidmore said everything we know and love will cease to be.. is Whidmore good or bad- he's trying to convince us Locke is bad but maybe he's bad.
I'm mad that Ben has been reduced to gathering mangoes.
And we didn't need the gratuitous shot of Sun's tatas.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Was surprised that Lost went from a Novela to GHOST! I mean, I really thought Hurley was going to turn into Whoopie Goldberg!
- Ab Aeterno means "from a very long time ago"
- The town of Tenerife, Canary Islands was massacred 500 years ago by conquerors and called The Slaughter. For a long time the extermination of this nation and all it's culture was held in secret and always denied. Under the mandate of 'Franco' it was even forbidden to talk about it. (The Purge!) Also, In 1977 (the same year as The Incident), there was what is now known as the Tenerife airport disaster where two planes collided in midair. Not only were two planes involved (mirroring Oceanic Flight 815 and Ajira Flight 316), but the disaster was the result of the detonation of bomb by terrorists, mirroring The Incident itself. Tenerife wasn't the result of a bomb detonation, it was two planes that crashed on a runway.
- Constant reminder of everything happens for a reason. Richard thinking his life had no purpose and suicide was the way out (also contemplated by Michael, Jack, Locke).
- Richard reading the Bible- Luke Chapter 4 Verse 37 And the fame of him went out into every place of the country round about. “Through the eyes of Luke, we see the Savior, but we see aspects of His life and ministry that would have been lost to us without this Gospel. Luke teaches us that the gospel is for all persons, be they Jews or Gentiles, slaves or free, men or women, shepherds or kings.
- Magnus Hanso, great grandfather of Alvar Hanso (fiancier of Dharma). Albertus Magnus was a German philosopher and theologian. Magnus was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, and was also the discoverer of the legendary "Philosopher's Stone" (which could allegedly be combined with certain metals to create a youth-preserving elixir; that would make its general objective similar to that of the Life Extension Project) and the creator of a supernatural device, an automaton which he named "Android." Using the "angels from the netherworld" and the powers of the Philosopher's Stone, he created "metals and material unknown to this world" and chose them "according to the stars and planets." This "android" was instilled with the powers of speech, thought, and according to some reports, a soul. Upon completion of this project, his student St. Thomas Aquinas destroyed the "diabolic being" and denounced it as "a tool of Satan and a blasphemy to God." The "android" could be linked to the Security System. Magnus, alias Magnus Lehnsherr, is a member of the Exiles, a group of alternate reality X-Men from the Marvel comic of the same name. One of his superpowers is the control of electromagnetic energy.
- Blackrock left port in 1845, the log was found in 1852 and Richard boarded in 1867. At the same time, we know there was dynamite on the ship. Alfred didn't invent dynamite till 1864 and didn't patent it till 1867.
- The Devil Finds Work for Idle Hands. When people have too much time on their hands, they are more likely to get in trouble. The Devil took Richard's body, humanity. Richard is confused by who is the devil & who is good. He's been doing work for Jacob this whole time but is now questioning his faith and that's why he begs for the Devil again.
- The Devil offered Richard a Job. According to the Bible, there was an extremely pious man named Job. He habitually offered burnt offerings as a pardon for his son's sins. God asks Satan his opinion on Job, apparently a truly pious man. Satan answers that Job is pious only because he is prosperous. In response to Satan's assertion, God gives Satan permission to destroy Job's possessions and family. All of Job's possessions are destroyed and a 'ruach' (wind/spirit) kills his offspring. Job does not curse God after this but instead shaves his head, tears his clothes and says, "Naked I came out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return : Lord has given, and Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of Lord".
- The Devil is believed to be an angel who rebelled against God—and also the one who spoke through the serpent and seduced Eve into disobeying God's command. His ultimate goal is to lead people away from the love of God — to lead them to fallacies which God opposes. His pride is considered a reason why he would not bow to God as all other angels did, but sought to rule heaven himself. The popularly held belief is that Satan was once a prideful angel who eventually rebelled against God.
- Jacob gave Richard a baptism in the water. Baptism is a symbol not just of the washing away of sins but also of joining Christ in his death and being raised again with him. This is what is signified by entering the water and coming out again. More than that though - as you physically enter the water you are actually joined with Christ in his death, (that defeated sin) and as you come out of the water again you are joined with him in his new life.
- Symbolism of wine. Wine is the life of Jesus and means that Jesus is always available to us.
- It's in our nature to sin, the past doesn't matter. These people are brought to this island to repent for their sins, which they must do on their own. Jacob uses Richard (as Jesus used his disciples) to lead people on the right path by discovering their own faults & mistakes, Jesus cannot give you the answers. The Devil tries to offer the best way out - deal with the devil(getting Sawyer off the Island, bringing back Isabella).
- Convinced Hurley is the Candidate to take over for Jacob and to keep darkness/evil off the island. He's the only truly good one that didn't really need to be on the island. He had to show Richard the right way by talking to Isabella when he was trying to get MIB to change his decision.
- Jacob's Ladder- Karen wanted me to look up both the biblical reference & movie and I thought it was right on:
- Biblical: Jesus can be seen as being the ladder in that he bridges the gap between Heaven and Earth. Jesus presents himself as the reality to which the stairway points; Jacob saw in a dream the reunion of Heaven and Earth and Jesus brought this reunion, metaphorically the ladder, into reality. You also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood. (white stone/everyone climbing down ladders or looking down- Juliette was down a hole, Richard on boat was down, the hatch was down, Sawyer climbed down the ladder, the dharma pit where lock was was down)
- The Movie: can be interpreted as the wanderings of an unknowing soul through purgatory, or as a lengthy delirious hallucination prior to death.
Jacob's friend, chiropractor and guardian angel Louis cites the 14th century Christian mystic Meister Eckhart—"Eckhart saw Hell too; he said: 'the only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of life, your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you,' he said. 'They're freeing your soul. So, if you're frightened of dying and... you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.'
- So big question is.. who thinks Jacob may be the devil? That everything what we think may not be what it seems.. Or that Jacob & MIB are related (good twin/bad twin)? just curious!
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
BTW- Shoutout to Yacht Rock. This episode was named after Gordon Lightfoot's "Sundown". (hmmm lightfoot/smoke monster). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLcx4VCkJH0
- The Baseball- Kate put a baseball in the time capsule, Alpert gave Locke a baseball glove as a kid, there are 108 stitches on a regulation baseball. Ben made Jack watch the Red Sox win to ensure that he had communication off the island.
- Sayid says he does oil contract translations. Was this his job in 2004- wasn't he working as a spy/informant for the US (not for Ben, as that was in the flash forward). Maybe he's just covering up with that lame job title. Also in 2005, he was with Nadia before she died. So somewhere between 2004-2005 his brother disappears unless things off the island in 2005 don't happen, because 815 never crashed.
- It's interesting that both Sayid & Jack are around kids in the sideways lives..it's almost as if these candidates are remorseful for what occurred on the island (without remembering being on the island since they never technically crashed) but atone and "try" to lead good lives. Like they had to go through a worse experience to learn from it. But try as Sayid may, he cannot always atone for all his sins - he's always in denial with the whole "i'm not that man". And that's why MIB/Locke takes advantage- by hitting him in his sweet spot with Nadia (or maybe Shannon- both died in his arms!) Eko never asked for forgiveness and that's why he got gobbled up by Smokey. But Sayid's denial with his violent past is what made him open for manipulation.
- Dogen made a deal with Jacob to come to the island (save your son, come to the island) and Juliette made a deal with Richard Alpert to cure her sister's cancer if she went to the island.
- There are always people getting people to kill for them- Locke made Sawyer kill his father, Dogen tried to get Sayid to kill MIB/Flocke.
- Sayid spotted Jack in the hospital & Jin in the meat locker- both are candidates who's lives are interconnected.
- With Sayid warning the Temple people about the coming of the Man in Black, they can choose to stay or leave. Those who would leave would be spared, but those who stayed would die. The final plague in the Bible talks of God sending the Angel of Death to Egypt and would kill the firstborns, but would pass over those who stayed true to Him and obeyed him
- Sayid has used the term "unfortunate incident" before.
- Ben killed Jacob with a stab to the heart. Sayid tried to kill MIB with a stab to the heart but he was too late- MIB/Locke said hello first.
- I believe Kate was saved by smokie because she isn't a candidate (because I think the island doesn't get females to protect it because of fertility), and maybe because she helped raise Aaron. Although now people are saying she's a candidate because Austen #51 was on the lighthouse, so who knows. Will Kate follow Locke? It seems as if Jacob touched Sayid, Locke, Kate, Jin, Sun, Hurley, Sawyer and now it's MIB's turn to do so with these folks. I think she'll go with Claire and Claire will let her friend/MIB decide Kate's fate.
- There were burning crosses by the Temple.
- Claire is singing Catch a Falling Star, which she asked the Stewarts to do for her baby, the mobile in the nursery played the melody and Kate sang to Aaron while she was raising him.
- Smokie got in because once Dogen died the circle of ash was removed.
- Who is coming? Methinks it's Whidmore.
Overall, I'm still really disappointed with this season of Lost. I'm glad it was a Sayid episode and it was good, but I'm still confused as hell and want answers! I'm glad Lennon & Yoko were killed off. Wondering who all these new Island people are though. I really miss Eko. But I don't miss Michael, especially when he says "My Boy!"
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
- Locke fell out of his chair. That's happened before and he's got so frustrated. At first I wondered why wouldn't the driver help him? But I guess he drives that van. Also, the red switch is also known as a dead man's switch. (red for dead, green for alive). Also Locke flicks a switch on & off in another episode.
- Peggy Bundy aka Helen & Locke broke up before he lost his ability to walk because of his obsession with his father (who eventually pushed him out the window). And she mentioned having his dad at their wedding which is in October. Flight 815 took place in September. This supports my theory that the LA X flight is not Oceanic Flight 815 but another flight as Helen and Locke are still together. But does he remember being on the island because he didn't want to talk about it with his boss. And he looked upset he was still in the wheelchair. They all seem to have some memory of each other and are intertwined in each other's lives.
- Peggy/Helen mentions fate/destiny about running into a Spinal Surgeon. She also sports a nice Peace & Karma shirt and talks about miracles, and Locke was always someone of faith. She also had black fingernails.
- Nice Iggy Pop usage! Search & Destroy playing as Locke goes to get Sawyer. Sample lyrics- I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm. I'm a runaway son of a nuclear a-bomb. I am a world's forgotten boy, the one who searches & destroys. Honey gotta help me please, somebody gotta save my soul. Baby detonate for me.
- Locke is now wearing darker clothes, including a black backpack.
- John's a candidate, or at least he was. Now he's after Sawyer. Richard tried to get Locke to be a candidate when he was young and Locke picked the knives and Richard said bad choice. Richard worked through Jacob. Richard is also acting like Ben by telling Sawyer he will kill everyone he cares about. Richard's eyes were light and not their usual black.
- I think the little boy is Aaron (older, so what time are we in?) or there are some other theories it's Charles Whidmore as a boy. Not feeling him as Jacob though. Ben told Whidmore he broke the rules when he killed Alex. The boy said we cannot break the rules.
- Sawyer says he doesn't care if Locke is the ghost of Christmas past. In the Season 5 premiere, "Because You Left" Sawyer calls himself "the Ghost of Christmas Future.
- Locke is tricking Sawyer to leave, it's almost as if he cannot- because his plane crashed, his raft blew up, his helicopter couldn't carry him. Sawyer isn't supposed to leave the island- what does he have at home?
- Lapidus said Locke is getting pretty ripe. If he was in a funeral home in a coffin, in a suit wouldn't they have embalmed him? I also almost thought the spider (from the dreadful Nikki/Paulo days) was on Locke but I re-watched and it looked like a crab.
- Locke always screamed don't tell me what I can't do (for the walkabout and on the island).
- When Locke was in the recruiting place the posters behind him were all about dreams- Chasing The Dream. There was also a poster that looked like the DeGroots were in it. Both Rose & the other recruiter had on purple. Sawyer's shirt was also purple-ish. It's also interesting Locke was at a recruiting place, given MIB told Sawyer of Jacob's recruiting.
- Locke said "Of Mice & Men" was after his time. It was written in 1937. So this makes evil Locke very very old. He also tells Sawyer he's been trapped and not sure what it feels like to be free. So he's been held back while Jacob/Good has taken over.
The book is about 2 men trying to start their own ranch so they don't have to be under the thumb of their employees. Sawyer read the book in prison. "A guy goes nuts if he ain't got nobody. It don't make any difference who the guy is, so long as he's with you. I tell ya...I tell ya, a guy gets too lonely, and he gets sick."
- When they carry Locke Ilana said the people need to see what they are up against. I think she needs to convince them that Locke is now the Man in Black and that he's taking control of the Island, not Jacob.
- Even tho Ben murdered Locke, he admitted Locke was a believer, a man of faith and a much better man than he will ever be. Ben was always threatened by Locke and maybe knew how powerful he could become- good or bad.
- Man in Black throws a white rock into the ocean and leaves the black one, saying it's an inside joke. Man in Black is now in Charge- good/white is out. The black rock is birthplace of Charles Dickens. Burning Man takes place in Black Rock, NV. In Native American mythology, in the legend of the "Green Man", the "Black Rock" is alluded to as a spirit the Green Man killed, an evil spirit who was the son of a woman whose soul was contained in a black stone. A Black Rock Spirit figures among the superhuman guards that defended an island of bad spirits located in the middle of the ocean. In Hawaiian mythology, the "Black Rock" is a promontory designated as one of three great 'Uhane Lele, a sacred point where souls of the dead leaped into their ancestral spirit land.
- The kid in the hallway that Locke stopped looked like the guy who delivered Locke's lost luggage who looked like Walt. Speaking of which- where is Walt? And Walt aged on the Island (granted he went through puberty in real life) so it's possible Aaron is that boy.
- Jacob touched all those that were written on the wall and came to the island. They are all associated with the numbers (but not necessarily with their plane seats with the exception of Jack OR on the list the Others wanted). I do think that Kate was touched by Jacob but her name was NOT on the wall. In fact, there are no women listed (assuming the Kwon is actually Jin & not Sun). Could it be because of fertility? Locke in his flash sideways IS teaching Human Reproduction. Jacob may have touched you to come to the island but that doesn't mean that you had to be a candidate.
4 8 15 16 23 42 = Valenzetti Equation4-Locke, 8-Reyes, 15-Ford, 16-Jarrah, 23-Shephard, 42-Kwon
OK, if the Valenzetti equation "predicts the exact number of years and months until humanity extinguishes itself", is being on Jacob's ceiling and walls necessarily a good thing? I want to know why each of the numbers is next to a certain name. Locke is 4 which according to Chinese, Japanese & Korean culture is bad luck and associated with death. Wondering the meaning of the others.
The numbers are supposed to reflect the numerical values to the core environmental and human factors of the equation. Do each of the men have the attributes to bring about the end of humanity?There were some other names I noticed- 291 Don 40 Mattingly (I kid you not). Mattingly is actually a character on Lost. http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Mattingly. I also noticed some that were crossed off- 119 Almeda 175 Costa 2o Roup (which I was thinking maybe Rousseau but it's definitely just Roup). Can't seem to find any info on them. Maybe they were part of the Black Rock crew?
There's a theory that if these candidates were touched by Jacob, they cannot be attacked by the smoke monster. Smokey cannot destroy them, they have to destroy each other and maybe that's the way for Man in Black to become free Maybe MIB infected Sayid & Claire so they can help kill off everyone.
Until next week..
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
- I think Dogen resembles Miles. I think the guy fixing the cars looked like Lapidus. Lennon looks like Horace Goodspeed. The Other Other (don't know his name) resembled Eko.
- Kate recognizes Jack as she's pulling off. I still think this isn't the plane and they went back to course correct but their memories wiped out, yet they still know each other somehow.
- Sayid's wounds were healed. Jesus healed wounds.
- Lots of black eyes- Kate's went black when looking at the picture of Claire, Jack's eyes went black when looking at Kate, Claire's eyes were black when talking about Aaron in the hospital to Kate. Maybe the black eyes has something to do with the potential memory loss?
- Kate looks at the whale doll for a while.. didn't Aaron have a whale doll in his room when she had him? Didn't catch a dharma symbol on it.
- The couple that was to meet Claire at the airport had their days wrong. Think this is part of my theory that this isn't Flight 815, but another flight. Plus, Jin is asking about the other plane that landed and is told to be quiet.. I think the other others including Cindy aren't talking about Ajira flight but the other Oceanic flight.
- Rousseau brought up for a reason. I think Sayid has the infection, which Rousseau's crew had. Then Dogen said that Sayid will go to the dark side, like Jack's sister. and then Claire appears looking like Rousseau out of the blue with a gun. Perhaps there are varying stages of the infection and Claire is in the middle stages? Sayid is just starting.. might not make you sick but makes you nutty! Also, Claire, Rousseau and Sayid all gave birth on the island (Sayid to himself- reborn) and they are all "claimed".
- The others hurt or died helping Jack.. Jack is always trying to save everyone but it doesn't always work. He made Juliette hit the bomb, he couldn't save Kate's officer, Ana Lucia, Libby, Boone, Shannon. Jack is there to redeem himself along with Kate, Jin, Sayid, etc.. people were brought to this island for redemption.
- The torturer was tortured.
- Miles said there was no white light, angels singing or dead relatives around Sayid. He can usually sense that stuff around the dead people. It's indicative that Sayid didn't die.. and he's not Jacob.
- There was a very long shot of the house- Claire looked at it for a while. What house is this? Does it resemble her house from Australia when Christian Sheppard looked at her house for a while?
- Claire's potential Australian adoptive parents were named Arlene & Joseph Stewart, whom she turned down to adopt the baby. This LA woman's name was Mrs. Baskin. http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Arlene_and_Joseph_Stewart The psychic told Claire she needed to raise the baby herself and pushed her to a good couple in LA.. 815 crashed to prevent Claire from giving up Aaron for adoption. But this other Oceanic flight she encounters Mrs Baskin (who resembled her mom all disheveled when Kate rings her bell). Also, Mrs. Baskin, is close to the word basket- which Moses was put in a basket as a baby and given away. This woman denied Claire which then makes the psychic's warning that Claire needs to raise her baby as her own true for now.. however, Kate is present at the birth. But Kate goes back to the island to reunite Claire with her baby. Claire said you don't have to do what you did either. Is this a reference to Kate coming back to the island to find Claire for Aaron?
- Claire went into labor right after she landed but she was pregnant for a while on the island. She also took forever to name Aaron yet even though she was willing to give the baby up in LA she had a name for him and didn't know why (it had just come to her). It's that whole deja vu- we feel like we've lived it before but don't remember.
- The sonogram said "Mercy Hospital" and the date was 10/22/04. 815 crashed 9/22 so this proves my other Oceanic flight theory, once again!
- As we all know, Dr. Goodspeed (aka Ethan Rom "Other Man"- Ethan's father was Horace) stole Claire's baby. Was Ethan meant to steal Aaron? Karen has a theory about the iChing that the Chinese believe from the time you are born, that is your path- no matter what path you chose and that there are people that come across your life for a reason. We all know Fate is involved on Lost so Ethan is present for Aaron's birth whether they were on the island or not. He needs Aaron.
- Detective Rasmussen looking for Joan Hart (Joan of Arc?) Trying to see if there is one particular Rasmussen the name may refer to and there are too many. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasmussen I like that it's a suburb of Queensland, Australia. (and some dudes that created Google Maps & Google Wave!)
- Sawyer threw his ring in the water. Desmond threw his ring in the water. He also said he didn't want to be alone.. live together, die alone
I also can't take credit for this, but someone posted "One thing I noticed when Kate & Sawyer were talking on the pier in the distance in the water was Fonzie in a leather vest jumping over a shark on water skis".
Couldn't have said it better myself... come on Lost- Stop confusing us & start answering questions! Thank god they killed off those other two dudes! And bring back Eko!